Delivered by professionals working in the visual arts, this training day taking place on Thursday 28th June from 9.30am – 3pm at FACT (Foundation for Art and Creative Technology) explores the functions of Adobe Flash and its role in creating powerful learning experiences. Flash is a multi-purpose tool used across the creative industries for animation, interactive content and web design. Ideal for creating cartoons, much of the animation we see around us in films, advertisements and games has been created in Flash.
Whilst this dynamic production tool will be of particular use to teachers working in art, design and media, it also offers a wealth of opportunities to staff from other curriculum areas.
The session is suitable for both beginners and those who want to improve on their existing experience with the programme.
“I feel well equipped to go away and practise now – and the techniques we’ve used are adaptable for all kinds of projects!”
Exploring Flash Animation has been put together using a range of tried and tested techniques used with teachers and students.
After an introduction to the basics of animation, participants will be invited to tackle a series of practical tasks using a range of functions in Flash, including:
• Getting Started: everything you need to know about setting up your workspace – the timeline, tools, frames and palettes and what they do.
• Drawing in Flash: creating simple content using shape tools and brushes and understanding vector graphics.
• Making simple frame-by-frame animations, ‘digital flickbooks’.
• Creating more complex animations using ‘tweening’ and layers – building characters and understanding how they move.
• Developing your movie – adding sound and titles, importing backgrounds and scenery.
The session will be hands on. Each participant will be provided with an Apple computer for the day to work through a series of creative tasks. Working individually, in pairs and in small groups, participants will begin to develop tailored plans of activities to use with their own students in a Flash project.
“The activities at the Photoshop INSET really emphasised how important Photoshop is in the creative industries and the possibilities it offers – students need to learn how to use this tool.”
Secondary School Teacher
Exploring Flash Animation will take place at FACT (Foundation for Art and Creative Technology), Liverpool on Thursday 28th June 2012, 9:30 am – 3pm.
The cost of Exploring Flash Animation is: £220 (plus VAT)
• Expert one-to-one tuition throughout the day.
• A toolkit to support the content of the day and future applications of the learning back at school.
• All refreshments throughout the day including lunch.
“It was lovely, relaxed and very informative. Very nice environment with no fear of doing wrong!”
To book a place on Exploring Flash Animation or for more information about this programme or any of the others developed by as creatives, please email Jenny Liggins, Development Manager at; email@example.com or call our office on 0151 708 8886.
The training day will take place at the following venue:
FACT (Foundation for Art and Creative technologies) 88 Wood Street, Liverpool, L1 4DQ, 9:30 – 3pm.