Our after school Drama clubs provide the perfect opportunity for children to enjoy, and benefit from, a range of activities including drama games, improvisation, choral speaking, script reading and performance. It is widely accepted that drama builds confidence as well as helping children to understand the world around them and developing both creativity and emotional intelligence.
Why as creatives?
- We have a wealth experience of delivering workshops in schools having worked with over 40,000 children and young people in the last year alone;
- The sessions are delivered by as creatives’ Jo Stokes (Johanna Benyon) whose career as a professional actor spans Eastenders and the RSC;
- We are experts in engaging pupils of all agesl
- We come highly recommended by parents and teachers alike (see testimonials here)
- The skills that the children practice at our clubs will be reflected in the work they do at school.
“(Our daughter) Love Love Loves your sessions – what a fantastic opportunity they are, and obviously just such fun!” (Parent)
“Extraordinary Worlds is the best club I’ve been to! I loved it!” (Young Person)
How does it work?
You pick a preferred day (Tuesday, Wednesday or Thursday) and provide a hall or large classroom for the sessions to take place in. You can choose whether to offer the club to all pupils or to a single year group. We provide a letter to be sent home with children and a booking form, to be returned along with payment.
The maximum number of children per club is twenty-four (the minimum, fifteen) and the cost is £30 per child for six sessions. Alternatively, you can choose to pay for the provision and offer the club for free to students at a total cost £600 (plus VAT).
The sessions run from 3.30pm – 5.30pm. The final session includes a sharing event for parents and carers.
Once the cut-off date for return slips is reached, schools hand us a list of names and we turn up to deliver the sessions. All that remains is for us to deliver to your pupils a rich and rewarding creative experience.
“I can’t tell you how much as creatives has helped her…such a leap forward in confidence. Bravo to you” (Parent)
“Fantastic – the children are having a brilliant time in your club!” (Nik Smith, Headteacher, Dovedale Junior School)
Get in touch
To book your after-school club and to discuss options please contact Jo Stokes on 0151 708 8886 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.